Wednesday, January 10, 2007

THE FAVORITES

In the explosion of information that is the Internet there are a few websites that I find myself constantly visiting.

First off, there's the Drudge Report. If visiting the Drudge Report was my job, I'd already by the president of the company. Over the past few years I've become a hardcore news junkie and I've found no better site for getting the basic rundown on the top news stories of the day. All it takes is a simple click in my web browser and I have one of Drudge's screaming headlines telling me everything I need to know. Matt Drudge has perfected the simple, user-friendly news aggregate and I can't thank him more for it.

In a similar yet distinctly different vein than Drudge exists Fark.com, another aggregate that links to stories and discussion boards about them. The kicker about Fark is the fact that the stories linked vary from the weird and bizarre to the hardest of news. It's the only place I can go and see links to stories about nude skiing and U.S. airstrikes in Somalia right next to each other. As the title of the site says, "It's not news, it's Fark.com"

Finally there's the guilty pleasure: Defamer.com. As much as I really can't stand celebrity culture, being a resident of L.A. makes me feel immersed in it and I catch myself at this website more often than I should be. Maybe it's the sarcastic jabs the blog takes at high profile celebrities or links to the Internet's hottest viral videos that makes it so hard to resist. Whatever the case, I just can't keep away from L.A.'s self proclaimed internet "gossip rag".

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great job! Your blog looks awesome and I love your writing style!

elsab said...

Hey Kyle: Hope all is well. I am supposed to interview you. What is your regular email address? Also, did you fill out a personal profile on your blog? I don't see any personal info. Anyway you can email me at elsabertet@gmail.com and we'll go from there.
Thanks!
PS: By the way, I'm the one who sent you a nice comment on your blog and I don't know how it ended up anonymous...

Anonymous said...

Does Matt Drudge still wear a fedora?

Kyle said...

As far as I know...